The Past, Present and future spread is a very, very common spread! Along with the ‘Life Aspects’ spread, this ties in nicely to Tarot Nova. Each card meaning page has a Past, Present and Future meaning for that card; allowing for easy reference for this spread. To perform the Past, Present and Future spread;
- Have a general idea of your spread; is this going to be recent past, and near future, or a childhood/ old age reading? Know this before continuing.
- Shuffle your deck
- Draw any card and place it face down. This is your ‘Past’ card
- Shuffle your deck again
- Repeat this for each, until you have three face down cards
- Put the deck aside, and turn over the cards one by one
- Observe the cards
- Observe the card meanings
Consider the cards carefully. The Past, Present and Future spread is a good spread to deal if you want a general overview of a lifetime, or when considering an upcoming challenge. It can show the future choices, as well as the reasoning behind the choices made.