Loss is part of the human condition. As we grow older, we realise nothing lasts forever, not the most perfect relationship, nor a rock in the ground. Loss is going to happen.
How we cope with it is what matters. There will be times in your life when you are feeling this loss. This spread will help you understand your inner thoughts, feelings and concerns.
To Perform the Loss Tarot Spread:
- Consider your loss in your mind
- Shuffle the deck
- Place each card down in the positions shown,
- In order, turn the cards over and observe them
The cards each have a specific meaning relating to your current feeling of loss. Their meanings are as follows:
- You, the instant your life changed
- You, searching for reasons behind the change
- A mentor, guide or aid
- You, confronting your cause of Loss
- An obstacle you need to pass in order to grow
- You, as you are now, dealing with your feelings
- The cause of your loss, as it is now
Consider the cards and their positions carefully. Loss is a serious, memorable feeling. It will not last forever. Treat your time dealing with Loss as a life lesson.
It’s important to take some time to assess your feelings. You may be in a very vulnerable state, so be sure not to act rashly. Look for people to confide in. Card 3 may be very poignant here.
An important thing to keep in mind is to not return the the Card 1 position and keep repeating the cycle. You need to confront and deal with your loss.